- Leading NSW Non-Profit Community Services Company
- Financial Controller
- Part-Time Permanent Opportunity
- Flexible Working Offered – CBD Location Plus WFH Arrangement
Your New Work Environment
Our client is a forward thinking and leading Non-Profit Company. They are highly regarded for providing exceptional direct and online support services to families across NSW, ensuring that the harmony, welfare and ongoing safety for them is consistently being met.
Your New Role
We are after an experienced Financial Controller to join the CBD based Finance Team, where you’ll be engaged within the Senior Leadership Team, taking leadership of the Finance group and its responsibilities, including the overview and interaction within Finance and Payroll, Risk and Governance, Quality Assurance and Business Operations. This is an exceptional part-time opportunity, allowing you the flexibility to work from home as well as working from the CBD office. This is a rewarding role for an applicant that has strong financial management skills, coupled with an established fiscal operational background.
- Engage and be a senior contributor within the organisation’s Senior Leadership Team, in relation to both financial management and business operations
- Ensure all Financial operations and functions (including Payroll, Finance Systems, Finance reporting) are running effectively and optimally throughout all teams
- Develop and implement policies and procedures, ensuring overall compliance and a reduction in financial risk is adhered to, as well as leading and designing options within the Risk Management system
- Working within the Leadership Team, liaise and update the Board, on all Governance matters, as well as managing, reporting and communicating on all budgeting, reporting and planning activities
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a Senior Leadership Team within a Financial Controller role
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Social/Community Services or similar with either CPA or CA membership
- Solid financial background combined with proven experience in designing and the delivery of an organisation’s financial goals, coupled with both a good understanding of the relevant Australian Accounting Standards and Australian Tax Legislation and a solid understanding of governance and risk.
- Excellent deadline management experience with demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to coach, mentor and manage employees within both a virtual and office based environment
- Meticulous with a high attention to detail
- Advanced computer literacy skills, in particular XERO, KeyPay, MS Office, Employment Hero
- Prior experience within a Non-Profit or Community Services based role
Please note that a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check will be required for this role.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are coupled with a positive attitude with senior financial management skills and looking to join an organisation that really services the Community, we are eager to speak to you!